We stayed at Nyima Inn in Bali for one night during our trip to Indonesia last month. Like with EDU Hostel in Yogyakarta, I chose Nyima Inn because they have a room big enough for three people (it’s hard to find a triple room) and they’re not too expensive (we paid only IDR 450, 000. 00 for their Family Room).
- Peaceful and quiet. Nyima Inn is located at a quiet area of Seminyak, a suburb of Kuta. It was a welcome change of ambience from the cacophonous EDU Hostel in Yogya, where we stayed the previous two nights. We definitely got a good night’s sleep at Nyima Inn, so much that we were nearly late for our early flight home the next day.
- Pretty and spacious rooms. Our Family Room was so big, with homey decor and comfy beds. It makes you just want to laze around and take a nap, which is exactly what we did the morning of our arrival.
- Friendly and courteous staff. The staff always had welcoming smiles on their faces. They also allowed us to check in early, as we went straight to Nyima Inn after our midmorning landing from Yogya.
- Wi-Fi only at the lobby. This wasn’t such a big deal as it was with EDU Hostel, as their cool and cozy second-floor lobby was right outside our room.
- Far from the beach. This is the flip side of being in a quiet area — the beach is not within walking distance. In fact, Nyima Inn is so secluded that our taxi driver from the airport had trouble finding it, and had to stop on our way there to call someone for help with directions. When we went out to go to the beach in the afternoon, we had to wait while the front desk called the cab company to send a cab for us. Same thing when we left for the airport the next morning.
All in all, we had a lovely stay at Nyima Inn. It was a great place to wind down after two days of nonstop sightseeing in Yogya. However, if you want to be near the beach where the party’s at and save on cab fare, better stay somewhere else.